Carolyn K. Roberts is founder and President of Roberts Real Estate, Inc., which has served the real estate needs of its clients and customers since 1992.
Carolyn K. Roberts was licensed in real estate while attending Florida Southern College in Lakeland, Florida (Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Management). Upon graduation she joined her family’s real estate business, King Real Estate Services, in Bartow, Florida. Until establishing Roberts Real Estate, Inc. in Ocala, she remained licensed as a Broker/Salesperson with her family’s firm. She is a past president of the Ocala/Marion County Association of Realtors. Carolyn served on the Florida Real Estate Commission 1987-1989.
She serves on the Board of Directors of Gateway Bank of Central Florida.
Carolyn K. Roberts has devoted much of her life to the citizens of Florida pursuing the excellence and growth of the university system. She now serves on the University Of Florida Board Of Trustees as an appointee of the Florida Board of Governors. She began her service to the University System of Florida in January, 1989 when she was appointed to the Board of Regents, where she served as chair of the Access and Equity Committee until 1993. She became vice-chair of the Board of Regents in 1992 and was chair in 1993-1994. Governor Jeb Bush appointed Carolyn to a new term on the Board of Regents commencing in January, 2001. Then in June, 2001, Gov. Bush appointed her to the Florida Board of Education. In January, 2003, the Governor appointed her to the newly-created Florida Board of Governors, which governs the Florida University System and its eleven universities. She was elected vice chair initially and then chair in 2003, which she held for 6 years. She continued her service on the Florida Board of Governors as chair of the Economic Development and Medical Education committees until January, 2010. Her dedication to health care and the health of the citizens of Florida was instrumental in her leadership for approval of two new medical schools in Florida at University of Central Florida and Florida International University.
Carolyn Roberts was appointed to the Board of Directors of Shands Hospital at UF in 1994. That board later evolved into the Shands Health Care Systems Board, which became the Shands Teaching Hospital & Clinics, Inc. at UF Board of Directors on January 27, 2010, on which she still serves.
Carolyn serves on the Board of Directors for the University of Florida Research Foundation. She is a former member of the University of Florida Foundation, Inc. and Gator Boosters, Inc.
Carolyn married Fred N. Roberts in 1976 and they have two sons, Fred, Jr. and John. They are members of First United Methodist Church of Ocala, where Fred has served on the Board of Trustees and Administrative Board. Their sons were educated in the public school system and were graduates of Forest High School. Fred, Jr., is a graduate of University of Florida and Stetson University College of Law and is currently practicing law at the law firm of Klein & Klein in Ocala. John graduated in business from University of Florida and received his MBA at Rollins College Crummer School of Business, and earned a second masters in real estate from UF’s Warrington School of Business in 2007. John is currently vice president and commercial banking officer at Center State Bank in Jacksonville.
Fred N. Roberts, who holds a B.A. degree from Vanderbilt University and a J.D. degree from Stetson University College of Law, served two four-year terms as a member of the District Board of Trustees of College of Central Florida, where he served as chair. He is a member of the President’s Community Council at College of Central Florida the President’s Council at University of Florida and is on the board of the University of Florida Foundation. He formerly served on the boards of Ocala/Marion Co. EDC and Gator Boosters, Inc. He was a former chair of the Florida Arts Council and was vice-chair of both Big Sun Health Care Systems, Inc. and the Marion County Hospital District, which operates Munroe Regional Medical Center.
Fred served on the boards of directors of Barnett Bank, Nations Bank and AmSouth Bank and was a founding board member of Gateway Bank of Central Florida in Ocala. He served on the boards of the Ted Williams Museum & Hitters Hall of Fame and Metropolitan Ocala Rotary Club, where he has been a past president. He was the first chair of the board of The Appleton Museum of Art in Ocala. For twenty years he was co-owner of a family limestone/calcium carbonate operation at Lowell, FL, until its sale in 1983. He now serves as chair of Roberts Real Estate, Inc. and is involved in growing citrus and in other private investments and real estate holdings.
- Ocala/Marion County Realtor Association President – 1999
- Ocala/Marion County Realtor Association Treasurer 1996 and Vice-President 1997
- Ocala/Marion County Realtor Association Board of Directors 1993 – Present
- Ocala/Marion County Multiple Listing Service Board of Directors 1992 – 1993
- University of Florida Research Foundation 1989 – Present
- Shands Healthcare Board of Directors 1996 – 2010
- Shands Teaching Hospital & Clinics, Inc. At University of Florida Board of Directors 2010-Present
- University of Florida Foundation 1996 – 2004
- Florida Association of Basic Medical Scientists, Inc. Board of Directors 1994 – 2001
- University of Florida Healthcare Education Insurance Company Board of Directors 1996 – 2001
- University of Central Florida Foundation Board Member 1991 – 1994, Executive Board 1991 – 1994
- University of Florida Athletic Association 1993 – 1994
- Ocala/Marion County Chamber of Commerce, Education Committee, Chairman, 1995
- Munroe Regional Medical Foundation Board of Directors 1986 – 1994, Secretary 1990 – 1994, Executive Board 1990 – 1994
- Munroe Regional Hearing Foundation Board of Directors 1988 – 1994
- President’s Council, University of Florida 1990 – Present
- Honorary member of Florida Blue Key
- Council of 100
STATE UNIVERSITY SYSTEM
- State University System Board of Regents
- Florida Board of Education
- State University System Board of Governors
Chair Economic Development and Medical Education Committees 2009-2010
- University of Florida Board of Trustees 2010-Present